Shoot in a spacious gymnasium that has acoustical tectum ceiling panels, new T-8 fluorescent lighting, and a heating system that actually works!
18 meters with a viewing gallery and walk around space behind you to place your bows - what more could you ask for?
This is a GREAT way to practice! You can score each of the times you shoot so that you know if you are progressing. Change something, and shoot again to see if your score improves.
Meet other adult members and gain intimate knowledge of how they shoot, what equipment they use, what works and what doesn't. Practice on all the different kinds of archery butts you would shoot in other competitions. Learn how the scoring and competition shooting is done so you are not intimidated when you compete.
ALL Members can shoot during the League nights even if they are NOT shooting for a League Score. The rules are set up as follows:
1. The League night is for primarily LEAGUE shooters.
2. IF there are additional spots available, and there usually is, then you can practice on that shooting lane. IF not then consider shooting a League score and pay your $1.00. After all we can accommodate up to 40 archers at a time.
3. You must be able to shoot a 40 cm target. NO other targets will be setup at this time. If you need a larger target, then consider coming out on Friday night for the Family NIght, where larger target faces will be setup for you.
4. IF you submit a league score you must pay $1.00 for the range fee. This goes towards replacing the target boxes, League trophies, etc. Sign up to submit a league score on the sheet provided. You choose your lane and target, and then are guaranteed a spot on the line.
5. You MUST submit 20 scores in order to qualify for a league standing for the medals and trophies. (This is normally 30 scores.) These are averaged over the course of all the top scores, so shoot lots so that your lowest scores are thrown out! I know - it's cheating - I wish we could do this for tournaments.
6. IF you shoot an OLD target (or bring your own) AND DO NOT submit a score for the League, you do NOT have to pay the $1.00 range fee. You are thereby just practicing. You are NOT guaranteed a spot on the line.
7. IF you wish to purchase a new target, one can be bought for $1.00 - so you might as well just score!
8. Rules subject to change.
IF in DOUBT, ASK. Most of the members can advise you of which category/class you are in and how the 'league' works. It's easy! It's FUN. It's a way to compete - without going to a tournament!
4543 W. Austin Road
Austin Road Elementary School
18 meters distance
November 2010 to May 2011
Highway 16 East
FITA / Field / 3D
OPEN: 8:00 a.m. - Sunset
April to September
|Sept - April||Indoor Range||Times|
|Monday||Traditional League||7:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Tuesday||League||7:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Wednesday||Senior League||12:00 pm - 3:00 pm|
|Wednesday||Home School / JOP||3:30 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||JOP||5:00 pm - 6:30 pm|
|Wednesday||JOP 40 cm Comp. Class||6:45 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Thursday||League||7:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Friday||Family Night *||7:00 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Saturday||JOP||9:00 a.m. - 6:00 pm|
|Sunday||League||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|* Members Free||* Non Members $5.00|